Springbank brings investment banking to mid-market businesses in Canada. We offer one-on-one, customized services, an extensive and proven track record of completed deals, and an international reach – all underpinned by an understanding of and passion for what it takes to succeed in the Canadian mid-market.
We know the challenges entrepreneurial companies face and understand that they require a unique approach when it comes to corporate finance transactions. One that combines the expertise and wide network of an international firm, with the dedicated, long-term commitment to success and value of a boutique practice.
Whether selling or buying a company, assessing the value of a business, or raising capital to fuel growth, our 20+ years of experience closing more than 100 deals means we can help private, entrepreneurial and family businesses achieve their goals.
Today Springbanks growing valuation practice focuses primarily on engagements for tax planning purposes and corporate finance, however, will expand further into shareholder dispute files as the team grows.
About the Position
As the Analyst you are accountable for the performance of valuation analysis, financial modeling as well as other ad-hoc work in support the Company’s overall growth and objectives.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Undertake valuation engagements from preparing the initial information ask to completion of the valuation modelling and report, under the supervision of a manager.
- Work closely with senior team members to create, edit, and/or prepare market research, cash flow projections, and appraisal reports
- Conduct industry-specific research and analysis of the target company being valued or sold
- Due diligence to support transaction activities
- Involved in discussions and meetings with clients.
- Preparation of confidential information, memorandums, financing memorandums and pitch books
- Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities that may be assigned
Summary of Experience
- 2+ years of business valuation experience
- Financial modelling
- Deep understanding of financial statements
- Post-secondary Degree specializing in Business, Finance or Accounting.
- Working towards formal designations such as a CBV (Chartered Business Valuator) or CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst).
- CPA, CA designation (an asset)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exposure to IBIS and PitchBook platforms is an asset (SCC utilizes both)
- Strong research skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with external clients.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and prioritize, meeting deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Operate with a sense of urgency, quickly responding to Stakeholders
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Ability to work well independently with an ability to work collaboratively with others
- Must be proactive and take initiative
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality, utilize judgment, and work with minimal supervision
The personality of someone suited to work in the valuation services has the following character traits:
- Highly ambitious/driven to succeed
- Excellent accounting skills
- Communicates effectively
- Attention to detail
- Organized, structured, and detailed
- Ability to work longer hours
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.